[Amps] Re: [Amps] BirdR 43 Manual

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: [Amps] BirdR 43 Manual
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:59:57 -0800
On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:08:50 +0100 Peter Chadwick
<Peter.Chadwick@zarlink.com> writes:
> Bill said:
>
> >By the way, I am in the need of a replacement meter (30uA)for a
> > Bird(r) 43.
>
> I believe they are around $70 a pop from Bird.
>
> I used a 1mA meter and an op amp: I photocopied the original meter
scale, and
> put that on the new meter.  If you have the DC available, it's much
cheaper.
> Some of the modern op amps draw so little that battery life wouldn't be
much of
> a problem.
>
> 73
>
> Peter G3RZP

Hi Peter,
   As long as you are going to the effort, just make it a dual op amp and
add a peak reading mode.

73 & Good afternoon,
   Marv  WC6W

P.S. -- If I moused and clicked in all the right places you may see a
version I use here:

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/6fd28971/bc/Circuits/Bird43pk.pcx?bc2E..8A
m9KQK72D

*