[Amps] bias voltage in operation and standby modes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] bias voltage in operation and standby modes
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 23:13:50 -0700
Hi Carl,
-
There are some Commercial and Amateur RF Amplifier circuits
where the tubes are cut off in standby (receive) using rectified
heater voltage or a developed drop through a high value
resistor.  Depending on how you measure it against ground,
12 volts control grid to cathode could be enough to cut the
tubes current back in standby, developed by a few different
methods (circuit approach).
-
In Tx mode, the tubes would come out of cutoff (or
reduced current flow) into normal AB2 operation and the
~7 volts value doesn't seem to whacky for certain circuits
I've seen using sweep tubes.
-
No "direction" of the bias voltage was given, but the
person could have meant  -12 volts in standby to
~7 volts in Tx mode.
-
Email me direct if you need a specific example.
-
cheers
skipp
-