[Amps] Re: PUT your price on your forsale WAS FS:cheaptubesGU74B,GI7B,G

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: PUT your price on your forsale WAS FS:cheaptubesGU74B,GI7B,GS9B,GS23B
From: yo9fzs@office.deck.ro (yo9fzs)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:51:29 +0300
In a previous discussion I wrote about the following possible problem.
Before using the GI7 and similar tubes to full output, check how the anode
cooler sit on the flat anode tube surface. I have a GI7 for which the anode
cooler is making properly thermal contact with the anode flate surface only
for a very small area surrounding the tube anode screw, and another with
similar, but less prominent such problem. The anode cooler sitting surface
it is not flat.
Put a light source behind the tube an look if the light can be seen between the
anode cooler and its sitting tube flat surface.
You may need to use some sort of heatsink compund there.
Not all of these tubes have this problem.

And about the heatsink compound, from some time, the heatsinks/coolers
for the computer CPU's came with another type of compound, made
(probably) from aluminum powder mixed with some sort of grease.
It is like a silver grease.
Is this type of heatsink compound better than the wide used before white one?
(other than if it touch some surfaces - like the ceramic it is VERY hard to
get it clean again!)

73's,
Traian