[Amps] Sale of CB amps on eBay

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Sale of CB amps on eBay
From: n1rj@pivot.net (Roger D. Johnson)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 12:23:25 -0400
 The sale of these amps continues unabated despite my protests
to eBay. They sent me an e-mail that said essentially, "If you
don't like it, complain to the authorities and leave us alone".
I wrote to Riley Hollingsworth giving him some examples of the
equipment being sold openly. As yet no reply from him.

 After reveiwing eBay policies, I think I may have come up with
a way to counter this problem. Their policy prohibits the listing
of CB amplifiers. See:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-scanners.html

In addition section 4 of their User Agreement, states that the
buyer is obligated to complete the transaction UNLESS the trans-
action is prohibited by law or the User Agreement. See:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-user.html

 If I read this correctly, I can bid high on a piece of CB junk
and then refuse to pay unless the seller can furnish proof of
FCC certification for legal sale of the item.

Any holes in my thinking? I'm going to try it on one item to
see what happens. Anyone care to join me in the experiment?

73, Roger