[Amps] GS-35B Amp, PA3CSG design

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] GS-35B Amp, PA3CSG design
From: g0ruz@btinternet.com (Conrad G0RUZ)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 01:03:18 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: amps-admin@contesting.com [mailto:amps-admin@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Larry Kayser
Sent: 30 June 2002 18:45
To: Arthur Moe
Cc: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS-35B Amp, PA3CSG design

At 04:27 AM 2002/06/30 +0000, Arthur Moe wrote:
>Search the web for gs35 and gs31, you will find several pages that show
>different ways to mount the grid to the chassis.
>
>Art
>KB7WW

Art:

I have now found several designs, avoiding the "B" solved the search
problem.  Have you any experience by chance with the PA3CSG amplifier for
144 design?  I am concerned, even to the nanoHenry level of the impact of
grid mount inductance.  I am a long ago victim of the 4x150 on 50 mhz era
with long line construction hi.

Larry
VA3LK

Larry I have made 2 of these amplifiers and I just directly grounded the
grid then made a fingerstock collet for the cathode and heater connection.
The cathode and heater collets were merely soldered to some PCB material
which is spaced off the grid/anode dividing plate which you can clearly see
in the pictures on PA3CSG's website. I was fortunate in that I had several
amplifiers that Geert had built from which to copy. Email me directly if you
have any questions. I have also made the 70cms version. They do work very
well indeed.

Regards

Conrad G0RUZ