[Amps] CTI follow up

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] CTI follow up
From: 2@mail.vcnet.com (Richard)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 05:16:49 -0700
To: <amps@contesting.com>
>Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:31:17 -0400
>From: Bob Piselli <removed>
>To: skipp <removed>
>Subject: Re: 4cx250b
>
>Skipp.. I am not going to lower myself to people who
>have negative opinions about somethings they really
>don't know much about.

**  Translation:  Any loudmouth who takes issue with any of My statements
is absolutely wrong, every time. and that's the botom-line.

>Please don't consider your
>comments among the "others". I have been designing
>and building this equipment for many years and when
>it comes down to it, the loud mouths haven't the
>engineering background, nor guts to start a company on
>their own. Big mouths should get the facts before
>opening that mouth.
>

>For example, there was a G3 one time that blasted the
>amplifier and accused the design as "undoable". Why?,
>because he assumed that the PLA800 was grid driven.
>NOT cathode driven. He never looked into why and how
>this kind of design works and works very well.

A 2w control grid in cathode driven service is marginal at best since c.
75% of the grid current flows into the control grid and c. 25% flows into
to screen.

>Gas regulators are not uncommon today.

(Gas-X and Beano tablets are widely available in drug-stores and markets)

>That also is a crock of s..,

* He's seemingly mad because he was caught technoblathering.  The fastest
way to loose one's reputation is fabrication.

>They are still the most reliable form of
>regulation and will remain that way for a long time to
>come. I'm nothing going to debate a solid state shunt
>regulator vs a gas tube regulator. The reason is because
>these guys are closed mind to the use of gas regulators.

*  I've used 'em, but not for delta-currents above 30mA.

>The amp reflector can be a useful tool for many,
>however, the critics have turned it into "I know better
>and ALL" session. Certainly a poor representation of
>professional engineers today. Or , maybe that's what
>we call professional engineers today?
>
>I appreciate your comments and would certainly respond
>to any you may have in the future, however please don't
>expect me to respond to half baked comments made by
>angry,

*  guffaw

>misinformed critics who think they know it all.
>
>For your info, the FCC ID # is PHDPLA-800 as type
>accepted and the 6 meter will be tested and submitted
>soon. You can assure the angry know it alls on the
>reflector that the 6 meter will not be sold in this country
>until type acceptance. However, we are finding other
>avenues of markets outside this country which like it
>very much and are welcoming it with open arms.
>It may come down to a situation whereby CTI ComTec
>will offer the 6 meter amp only to those outside this
>country. At least they appreciate well made equipment.
>That goes for the HF/PLA800 as well.
>
>Sorry to sound so negative, but when you have negative
>comments about your equipment, you look elsewhere.
>
>73s and thanks again
>Bob

*  Sour grapes.  Hopefully, Bob will acquire a dictionary.

-  sibilant -  Linguistics. adj.
1. Of, characterized by, or producing a hissing sound like that of (s) or
(sh): the sibilant consonants; a sibilant bird call.

-  sibilant- n.
A sibilant speech sound, such as English (s), (sh), (z), or (zh). [Latin
shbilns]

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end