[Amps] CTI follow up - miscellaneous ramblings

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] CTI follow up - miscellaneous ramblings
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 08:16:06 -0700
On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 05:39:05 -0700 Richard <2@mail.vcnet.com> writes:

> >Expanding on a suggestion made to me off list, how about a string of
150
> >LEDs to get 300odd V for a screen supply. That could be quite pretty,
and
> >give visual indication of loading too.
> >
> *  Super-Excellent idea, Steve.  A showy visual display just might  win

> over the "real radios glow in the dark" gang.   Hmmmmm, lets see, with
> high-intensity LEDs, it should be possible to make a 800-LED array
> screen-shunt regulator for an 8170 that could probably be seen from
> 2-miles away.  Would this be impressive or what?  And if this
screen-reg.
> was mounted on top of the tower -- totally kick-butt awesome.
> .
> cheerz
>
> -  R. L. Measures, a.k.a. Rich..., 805.386.3734,AG6K,
> www.vcnet.com/measures.
> end

Hi Rich & Steve,
   I would hope that before anyone starts wiring all those LED's, one
would check the LED I/V curve and discover that a "regulator" of this
design would exhibit something in the neighborhood of 20%... wanderance.

73 & Good morning,
   Marv  WC6W

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.