[Amps] re: EBS at soft or quiet moments

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] re: EBS at soft or quiet moments
From: wb8jkr at juno.com (wb8jkr@juno.com)
Date: Sun Aug 3 22:20:50 2003
 The EBS circuit goes in the cathode/grid path, I.E. cathode
to ground (grid). It is installed from the anode of the bias zener to
ground
(grid) and the B- goes to the junction of the bias zener cathode and the
tube cathode in a cathode driven amp. So in effect, the EBS is in series
with the tubes cathode - grid path.

 In the 2 meter amplifier after a 3 minute CW transmission at about 20
wpm
into a dummy load, the average anode exhaust temperature went from 205
degrees F
to just under 100 degrees F when using the EBS. In the 2 meter amp, the
EBS
switches the bias voltage applied to the 4CX250B grid from cutoff to
operating levels,
I don't remember for sure but I think the cutoff voltage is -100 volts
and the operating
is about -45 volts.

Mark  WB8JKR