[Amps] Problem with SB-1000 Power Supply

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Problem with SB-1000 Power Supply
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:20:07 -0700
Had the same problem in a few different models of similar
amplifiers.  Turns out to be a power supply electrolytic
failing after an amount of "on time."  Power off and the
faulty cap un shorts itself.  Repeats the same each power
up... good for a number of minutes and poof.
-
Same problem in two Alphas I've repaired...
cheers
skipp