[Amps] 8877 RF generator info needed

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 8877 RF generator info needed
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John T. M. Lyles)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:37:40 -0600
Hello all,
I need a manual and/or schematic of an RF generator (13.56 MHz Xtal
controlled, MOPA) made by RF Plasma Products, also called RF Power
Products, and also Plasmatherm I believe. The company was in Cherry
Hill, NJ years ago, and was sold out to Advanced Energy in Colorado
Springs. They (AE) are incredibly ugly to deal with, having bought
out that equipment and killed the competition. They don't even
support RF systems with tubes in them now. The unit is a HFS-1000G,
composed of a control head, a nicely built single phase HV supply,
and the RF unit, with a solid state driver from the xtal, driving one
3XC1500A7/8877 in normal grounded grid. It was built in 1985, and no
one at AE has any docs on it now. I have been searching around the
country with used semicon processing equipment vendors, with no luck
yet. If anyone has the info, please contact me! Thanks.
I would like to fire it up, and there appears to be an interlock
open, which I don't recognize.

73
John
K5PRO