[Amps] proper label

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] proper label
From: nospam4me@juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:38:00 -0700
Hello there,
-
Here's the 50 cent question for the week. First the
circuit description.
-
A tetrode in grounded grid service needs an
operational label.  Said tetrode has the screen
grid (directly strapped) and cathode (through
chokes) at DC ground, the cathode has RF applied
through a tuned circuit.
The control grid is signal grounded, but has
dc bias though chokes and bypass caps.
-
Does one consider the ac signal grounded
grids a reason to label the circuit a triode mode
operation?
Does the presence of a screen potential with
respect to the cathode change the mode
label..?
-
Forget the low and high mu label for the reply,
just consider the mode label we would apply
to an operating (low gain circuit) tetrode with
the cathode and screen grid potentials near
zero (grounded).
-
Should we just call it a tetrode circuit in low
gain operation..?
-
Your 50 cent opinion please
-