[Amps] RMS-PEP & 2x8877

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RMS-PEP & 2x8877
From: wb8jkr@juno.com (wb8jkr@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:25:48 -0500
  The negative peak occurs 180 degrees away from the positive
peak, so they don't occur at the same time. You can't add them
together.
 PEP power is the same power level as you would have KEY DOWN
at a given power level except whatever little extra you'd obtain
from power supply dynamics, typically 5 to 10 %.
A amp that runs 1000 watts output carrier is going to run 1000
watts PEP output plus maybe 5 to 10 % during SSB use, its
the average power that is going to vary considerably.

Mark  WB8JKR