[Amps] GU-84B Tube Anode Voltage??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] GU-84B Tube Anode Voltage??
From: jhurry@austin.rr.com (Dudley Hurry)
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 12:56:56 -0600
Bill,

Emtron puts as much as 4400 volts on the GU84b, but they do monitor the tube
closely, according to a friend...  I think that Chris is right, anywhere
from 3000 to 4000 volts should work just fine.   Like Chris I am working on
a GU84b amp, but my plans are to convert a Drake L7 from 3-500s to a GU84b.
Just yesterday I talked to a ham that converted a L4b to 4CX800s and it
sounded great.    He still used the same powersupply and reportly could get
2500 watts out easily..

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ