[Amps] Thompson cap RF current ratings?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Thompson cap RF current ratings?
From: DF3KV@aol.com (DF3KV@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 06:02:00 EST
In einer eMail vom 08.12.02 10:51:04 (MEZ) Mitteleurop=E4ische Zeit schreibt=
=20
craigs99@iprimus.com.au:

>=20
> I am looking for the RF current ratings for some Thompson doorknob caps. I
> have trawled the internet endlessly and have not been able to find a
> catalogue. I suspect these caps might be High Voltage caps rather than tru=
> RF caps. Rough dimensions are 2 inches by 1 inch bright red skate wheel
> form.
>=20
> They are Marked : LCC made in France,  Un 20KV 2200pf, HTX. LCC is
> apparently a division of Thompson France.
>=20
> Maybe someone can comment on derating High Voltage caps for plate blocking
> use.
>=20
> Craig
> VK3HE
>=20

Hi Craig,

Never use those capacitors were RF.currents are involved, they will
explode, especially in a relatively hot environment.
They are only OK for HV, not for RF-Current even not on the cold end
of anode chokes when temperature is high they failed in some=20
installations.

73
Peter

multipart/alternative