[Amps] Alpha mania

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha mania
From: MorgusMagnificen at aol.com (MorgusMagnificen@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 3 11:21:14 2003
I have been watching all of this buzz over the computer controlled amplifier
which seems to be controlling its owner.

Seriously, though, having never been a commercial amp owner I am not well in
touch what the market offers those of you who do buy amps. The impression I
am getting about this situation is as follows. What am I missing?

First, out here, and actually in many places in this country, the line
voltage regularly jumps around by 10-15% for short and medium terms. Are you
telling me that after this company charges you several killobux for this
deluxe design wonder, it is going to groan, go to sleep or even worse because
the line voltage varies as we all KNOW it will? Would it be asking too much
of them to include some friendly internal compensations for 10-20%
variations.

Also, I can offer the following additional observation with some authority.
For about an additional $10 (approx.) they could provide a full alphanumeric
message display, which could sit there and constantly roll the stored fault
codes in what is called "billboard mode". Again, greed wins out.

Eric von Valtier K8LV