[Amps] Re: Voodoo "EMF' forces from grid current pulses

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: Voodoo "EMF' forces from grid current pulses
From: G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Fri Feb 7 08:47:01 2003
2 wrote:
>> One thing's for sure, something
>>happens, but what?
>
>Good question.  What is the fusing current of #28 Cu ?  It must be at
>least 15A,

Exactly 15A - good guess! However, a significantly larger current would
be needed to fuse #28 wire with the single short pulse we're talking
about here.

>and yet the 3-500Z cathode/filament is theoretically not capable of
>such a preak emission.

You may have answered your own question - electron emission isn't enough
to supply the current required. An arc from anode to grid is easily
capable of much more peak current than 15A, limited essentially by the
power supply components.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
                            Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'