[Amps] Mistakes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Mistakes
From: 2 at vc.net (rlm)
Date: Tue Mar 4 15:17:08 2003

>rlm wrote:
>>>The most unfortunate thing in all of this is the amateur radio fraternity
>>>has been receiving (and some people actually believe) incorrect technical
>>>information that is supported by false claims and fabricated stories! All of
>>>it originated by one person!
>>
>>Tom's Correct Technical Information:
>>1.  Dipmeter's can't find VHF resonances.
>>2.  Ni-Cr alloys have less RF resistance as frequency decreases.
>>3.  AC circuit analysis doesn't work with parasite suppressors.
>>4.  Feedback C can always be safely ignored in HF amplifiers.
>>5.  Overdriving a 3-500Z can produce 10,000v at the input of a 4k-ohm
>>to 50-ohm Pi-network with a 50-ohm termination.  (12.5kW pep)
>>
>Rich, we're getting this stuff several times a day from you. Please
>stop.

So kvetch to the moderator.  This is like going to a boxing match and
complaining because people keep hitting each other.

>You keep changing what you say he said,

I have a library of Rauchian utterances.  Would you like some quotes?

>so whatever he once might
>*really* have said has gone way beyond being interesting to the rest of us.

You were elected official spokesperson?

>It is perfectly conceivable that Tom has written things that didn't come
>out right, and that he really mean. But I'm certainly not singling-out
>one person here. You do the same - often. So do I - often. And so does
>just about everyone who contributes frequently here.
>
>There are many different theories about why we make mistakes. I'm sure
>there must be psychologists who blame them all on parasitic
>oscillations.

Now there's a new angle.

>Me, I blame all mine on gas.

I've tested tubes with gas but not the disappearing variety.

have phun, Ian

-  R. L. Measures, a.k.a. Rich..., 805.386.3734, AG6K,
www.vcnet.com/measures.
end