[Amps] AL-80B questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-80B questions
From: dj2001 at mn.rr.com (dj2001@mn.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 9 12:02:16 2003

>  >Prior to the AL80A I had a TenTec Titan, which I purchased new and
>>had it for 12 years.  It still has the original tube
>
>Only one tube.  There were two models?.

Typo, forgot the s.  The Titan model 425 has two 3CX800A7s.

>Please explain how the tank V could increase when the tank is out of
>resonance.

I just use em and abuse em, hi.  Don't ask me all those technical question.

I do know if you're in the heat of battle and you grab for the tuning
knob it's easy to grab that bandswitch knob on the 922, they're both
the same size and not far apart plus the bandswitch in a 922 is not
the type you need a pipewrench to turn if you know what I mean.

I think that mistake has been made more than once but nobody wants to admit it.

>Every Alpha owner I have talked to who seemingly had a 3cx800A7 fail
>received a new tube at no charge, even when the tube was out of warranty.

The 76CA used 3 ea 3CX400A7s, (8874), a good tube.

I know a ham who had a Alpha 78 for 20 years and never changed out
the tubes.  Lightning finally dun it in.

  73
Dale k9VUJ