[Amps] Tuned Input for classic grounded grid with two 4-250's

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tuned Input for classic grounded grid with two 4-250's
From: zs6arf at telkomsa.net (WFVW)
Date: Sat Mar 15 10:22:00 2003
Greetings,

I am busy building a classic grounded grid amp with two 4-250 tubes.

I would like to have a tuned input. I do not intend to cover the WARC bands
with the amp as yet.

I have two choices:

(1) have quite a few Amidon toroids both powered iron and ferrite.

I can get the colour rating in my ARRL handbooks. Is there a specific by
T-type I have to use or can I improvise with what I have.

(2) have some plastic coil formers with ferrite cores.

Which (1) or (2) is the best way to go and how do I proceed.

Do I have to use mica type capacitors in combination with the inductance or
can other types also work.

Thank You for any guidance

Wynand
ZS6ARF