[Amps] pi-net tanks

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] pi-net tanks
From: carlseye at tampabay.rr.com (carl seyersdahl)
Date: Sat Mar 15 07:28:55 2003
 I am working on a well known amp (tunes 160-10mtrs) and the 80 mtr. portion
of the coil (160 and 80 are a separate coil) was apparently overheated and
"bent" a bit , altho it doesn't appear to be damaged. My question is why has
this happened.? My guess is that maybe the amp was "overdriven" or
"underloaded", and thus had too much circulating current.!!! Can anyone shed
some light on this problem ??  The owner has said he uses a tuner , swr mtr.
etc to load his antenna on 80 so it wouldn't seem to be a loading problem,
but I'm just not too sure. !!!
  any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks to all.!!
 carl / kz5ca