[Amps] pi-net tanks

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] pi-net tanks
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat Mar 15 11:43:34 2003
> >Circulating currents are a function of loaded or operating Q as well as
VAR
> >power (or current or voltage if you like and impedances). Even relatively
> >small tubes can overheat big wires when operating Q is high.
> >
> **  True, Tom. but operating Q is designed in.

Operating Q varies with loading and tuning setting, and Q also varies with
power level becuase the load on the device end of the tank changes.

We may design Q to be a certain value in a certain operating condition on a
certain frequency, but it is not possible to have anything close to a fixed
operating Q in the real world.

73 Tom