[Amps] Need a Capacitor- help

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Need a Capacitor- help
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon Mar 17 11:49:21 2003

> I cannot imagine why you'd need a high voltage capacitor in the "loading"
> position of an output network for a 100W amplifier.

Let's not forget how small chip caps are and how low the typical voltage
ratings are. Standard chips are also physically very small and can't handle
any heat or mechanical stress, they also have less Q and much lower current
rating.

A standard 50 or 100-volt chip will not last long or be reliable.

A 500-volt chip will last forever. Get a higher voltage chip, you won't
regret it!

73 Tom