[Amps] Silly idea?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Silly idea?
From: wlfuqu00 at uky.edu (Bill Fuqua)
Date: Tue Mar 18 10:56:20 2003
A current limiting transformer is the type used in your microwave oven. It
has magnetic shunts between the primary and secondary such that if the
secondary current exceeds a limit the flux is diverted back to the primary.
These shunts sometimes are easily removed (if they have not been welded in
place) so that the transformer can be used as a normal transformer. I have
not seen them used for filament service but I see no reason why they would
not work.

73
Bill wa4lav