[Amps] Magnetic Shunts

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Magnetic Shunts
From: aa6eg at hotmail.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Tue Mar 18 11:33:59 2003
Hello Bill and Group,

Now, I get to learn something.  This is really great.  I understand the
concept, but not the implementation of a current limited transformer, and
remember reading about it when I built a neon sign transformer-based Tesla
Coil..decades ago.  My neon transformer is rated at 12KV,30ma, and I
remember that it simply stops arcing when the arc gap or jacobs ladder
shorted out...No fireworks...Thankfully I passed that Darwinian natural
selection opportunity...

How would I spot a magnetic shunt, in the core of a transformer, as in the
microwave application?  What would I look for?

Pat
aa6eg@hotmail.com

To: <amps@contesting.com>