[Amps] G3SEK Triode Control Board

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] G3SEK Triode Control Board
From: G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Sun Apr 6 14:46:51 2003
Bob Maser wrote:
>Anyone interested in a G3SEK Triode control board.  It is completely built
>and tested.  I planned on using it with a 8877 amp but I changed the tube to
>an instant on filament tube, I no longer have a need for it.

Please forgive this comment about my own product, but the message above
could leave an incorrect impression.

An 'instant-on' tube doesn't need the warm-up timer on my board, but it
does benefit from all the other metering and protection features.

The manual actually deals with this point: for 'instant-on' tubes, the
warm-up delay can be eliminated by changing two components.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
                            Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'