[Amps] Re: PS project part2

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: PS project part2
From: peter.chadwick at Zarlink.Com (peter.chadwick@Zarlink.Com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 03:45:54 2003
Pat said:

>Would cycling them, say yearly, at least, enhance reliability?

In the UK, protective circuit breakers doing earth leakage ( called RCD,
residual Current Devices) are supposed to be tripped every 3 months because
of them showing a tendency to stick.

Since they insisted on fitting the damn things when I had some rewiring
done slat year, I can't use the linear with the dipole on 80m - the damn
breaker trips at 250watts out because of the RF getting into it.
Fortunately, the vertical which is the DX antenna, is OK. The dipole runs
directly over the house, so the field is fairly high, but the things should
stand a fair amount of induced RF on teyh mains wires.

73

Peter G3RZP