[Amps] Re: PS project part2

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: PS project part2
From: aa6eg at hotmail.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Fri Apr 11 15:12:16 2003
Is it possible or likely that a circuit breaker's mechanical motion
mechanism can lose reliability due to non-use?  I think of my home breakers,
and until a couple of years ago, most of them might have not been tripped
for decades.  Could corrosion, dust, dirt, old lubrication, etc, combine to
cause the breaker to 'stick' at a time when it should trip?  Would cycling
them, say yearly, at least, enhance reliability?
Pat, aa6eg@hotmail.com

From: "Jeffrey Madore" <K1LE@arrl.net>

Lynn,