[Amps] Transformer question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Transformer question
From: garyschafer at attbi.com (Gary Schafer)
Date: Fri May 9 08:47:21 2003
Hi Jeff,

What you have is a ferro-resonant transformer. That was used quite
extensively in battery chargers for the marine industry. It provides a
fairly good regulation with wide variations in load and input voltage.
However if you measure the primary current you will find it quite high.
They are not very efficient. Even with no load on the secondary the
primary current is not low.

73
Gary  K4FMX

To: <amps@contesting.com>