[Amps] Transformer question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Transformer question
From: wb8jkr at juno.com (wb8jkr@juno.com)
Date: Fri May 9 08:47:29 2003
  Its a "ferro-resonant" transformer. Its designed to be a
regulating transformer and under little or no load
actually puts out a square wave. The core operates in
a saturated mode, these transformers are quite inefficient
if under loaded, typically they should have a constant load of
about 70-80% of capacity.

Mark  WB8JKR

To: <amps@contesting.com>