[Amps] 222 MHZ 8877 Amp Design Needed

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 222 MHZ 8877 Amp Design Needed
From: sraas at rochester.rr.com (Steven Raas)
Date: Sat May 24 09:59:11 2003
Hello Everyone,

                                I am in the midst of looking for a ROCK SOLID
NO JOKE 222mhz amp design. I have a powersupply in mind.. so I'm all set there.
 Has any one ever tried to incorporate a remote panel for amp adjustments??
This sure would be handy, as this deck would sit in a rack some what near the
op-possition, but not conviently NEXT to it. IE. remote metering functions..
ect... ?  I am looking to use ONLY the 8877 3xc1500A7, Yes I am aware of the
russian tubes.. ect.. im not interested.

This amplifier will be used for heavy duty weak sig work, durring contests, and
possible EME down the road. I have seen the amp designs in the hand book..
their nice.. yes, but their the same designs i've seen in the hand book for 14
years. Im hoping that I will find some sort of  ' LATEST AND GREATEST DESIGN '.
I want to build this puppy from scratch.. using the best possible parts I can
find, and incorporating my NEEDS ie. the remote panel ect.

Also, this amp need only tune 222-222.5 there is absolutly NO NEED fo any more
bandwidth.. Im hoping that in it only needing to be very narrow bandwidthed,
that I can incorporate some pretty nice filtering in the output. Time is no
object.. money is to an extent.. I just wast all the resources I can grab ahold
of before I start making desisions. So in closing... If you know some one who
built an amp for 222 that is just a rock solid performer.. please pass any
information along to me. I am aware that I could go buy a lunar link for many
$$$, but ide rather spend the same amnt. of $ and have the pride of saying I
BUILT THAT and it works like a champ!

Ty for ur time.

Steven J. Raas
N2JDQ