[Amps] 222 MHZ 8877 Amp Design Needed

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 222 MHZ 8877 Amp Design Needed
From: wa1hco at adelphia.net (jeff millar)
Date: Sun May 25 09:57:41 2003
Steven...

Here's an idea....  Build the amp with any style you want, but also build an
antenna tuner like box containing a 50 Ohm to 50 Ohm PiNet.  Put the little
tuner box on the operating table and remote the amp.  This will give you a
load controls remoted from the amp and a little bit of tuning as well to
compensate for thermal drift.

Assuming this works, you can design the amplifer in a simpler way. The tune
and load controls at the amp only screwdriver adjust.

jeff, wa1hco