[Amps] Cheap right angle drives

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Cheap right angle drives
From: qrp73 at talk21.com (qrp73@talk21.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 08:19:23 2003
I needed a couple of right angle drives for my vacuum variables but could not
find them anywhere. Nobody seems to stock the Cardwell units. I researched the
mechanical engineering shop option, they just wanted a lot of money for simple
bevel gears, plus i had to build the unit.

Walking through a tool shop recently i discovered cheap  drill right angle
drill chuck adapters. These are excellemt right angle drives for  vacuum
variables. These units are made in the far east. The package is a completely
sealed plastic moulding. I simply remove the chuck and side handle and you have
a superb right angle drive. They are selling from $ 10 to $15 a piece.
Milwaukee tools have several in their catalogue. The shafts are not a 1/4 inch
however. You could if you wanted too leave the chuck on this is a bit heavy and
bulky.

Anyhows now we amp builders have  very little excuse for not mounting vac
variables the right way up. I noticed a number of sources on the net
discounting this particular cheap chinese brand. This might be a futile post
since i never found out what a Cardwell right angle drive sold for. Compared to
what the Surplus Sales wants for  a surplus unit this cheap unit is a good bet.

Greg

Greg

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at
http://www.talk21.com