[Amps] Cheap Right Angle Drives

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Cheap Right Angle Drives
From: qrp73 at talk21.com (qrp73@talk21.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 08:17:21 2003
Thanks to all who offered advice.

I have played with this drill right angle drive and find it to be excellent.
Very Little backlash and very large bevel gears. The Shafts are 10mm od. You
can actually use the drill chuck as a coupling, great for quickly checking a
vac variable when you play around with them.

I doubt you will break one of these in amplifier service. You unlikely to bind
one of these since the whole plastic unit fits the gears exactly, the gears
would never jump out of alignment. They very smooth in operation. I can get 3
for the price of one Cardwell unit so for me the economy is worth the
discovery.  The Cardwell unit does look very compact although the picture on
the web page is very poor. These units would be more usefull with larger
amplifier projects rather than desk top units.

This drive is so good i am thinking about using a battery operated screwdriver
ala screwdriver antenna to drive a roller inductor or vacuum variable.

Thanks
Greg

Greg

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at
http://www.talk21.com