[Amps] Information Needed for Shipping Alpha &&

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Information Needed for Shipping Alpha &&
From: DRS6 at pge.com (Smith, Dave)
Date: Wed Jul 9 08:34:44 2003
Friends,

I have purchased an Alpha 77 amp and with it come the dilemma of shipping. I
have tried contacting Alpha Power (Crosslink Inc) this morning to see if I
could buy a shipping container. After 6 phone calls, I was finally able to
reach the voice mail of a lady in human resources. Only a few times in my life
have I ever been so frustrated!  I've left her voice mail and not sure if I'll
hear back from her without FAX'ing over a resume.

I talked to a gentleman last evening who has owned several of these amps over
the years and his advice is to remove the transformer, and ship it separately.
Remove the tubes, wrap them in bubble wrap and put them where the transformer
was. He suggests double boxing the amp and have it strapped to a wooden pallet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on (1) how to deal with the !@#$%^&* voicemail
tree at Alpha and (2) suggestions on shipping so it arrives in one piece.

Thanks in advance.

Dave / W6TE

David R. Smith, Telecommunication Engineer
Pacific Gas & Electric Co.
Information Systems and Technology Services (ISTS)
650, "O" St, 3rd Floor, Fresno, CA 93760
8 821-5140 (Company)
559 263-5140 (Outside)
559 262-5140 (Pager)
559 240-1459 (Cell)