[Amps] Revisited: Power Combiners, cheap amps.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Revisited: Power Combiners, cheap amps.
From: on4kj at skynet.be (on4kj)
Date: Mon Jul 14 07:52:00 2003
hello all,

>From the old box.

It takes me 28 years back, when we needed to produce about 60w composite for
TV supervision on the high way. freq was in the 460 Mc/s band.
Tried with QQE06/40 something ( like a 829B ) but  we had no stable results.
So we thought about this 90? combiners and  transister power amplifiers. Our
power transistors devellopment dept. ( Philips Eindhoven ) Mr Zwanen just
finished the first prototypes of the BLYxx serie . He builded the Amps in
the research lab. 7 Amps of different power were used with  6 combiners and
10 dummy loads with adapted  power ratings. We had good stable results for
over 7 years, when in the early eighties the whole system was replaced.
Sure the dummy loads had'nt that much power to dissipate over the years.
The whole system cost was about three years of sallary i earned at that
time. And we even did'nt get the CD " If I was a rich man " with it .......

Jos on4kj