Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1500

To: shr@medinaec.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1500
From: Wt8r@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 10:20:33 EDT

> At 12:11 PM 9/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> >Has anyone ever successfully added a second tube to an AL-1500?  What
> >changes would be needed to make the power supply sufficient?
> >Rick KD5MGK

Rick--

       What does a General class operator intend to do with a modified
amplifier that runs 4 KW+  input anyway?  Judging from the callsign, my guess
is
that he intends to run it from a 120 VAC wall plug.

       Obviously Rick hasn't the foggiest idea of what he is talking about.
This is one of the dangers, both to Amateur radio and his person, of
inexperienced people playing with things they know nothing about.

       Perhaps this is some of the great technological treasure trove that
W5YI was talking about bringing into ham radio through his NO-CODE program.

73 de

Dave, WT8R