Re: [Amps] RE: Lubircation of Roller Inductors

Subject: Re: [Amps] RE: Lubircation of Roller Inductors
From: "Paul Marbourg" <zborg@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:21:53 -0700
Hi Rich.  Here are some comparative resistivities.  As you will see, MoS2 is
the semi-conductor range.  Values were obtained from Carmichael, R. S. ed.,
Handbook of Physical Properties of Rocks for the mineral Molybdenite.  Also,
data is found in the CRC Handbook.

Ag = 1.59 uohm-cm
Cu = 1.72 uohm-cm
Mo = 5.34 uohm-cm
MoS2 = 12 X 10^6 uohm-cm or 0.12 ohm-m

Since the value for MoS2 is for the mineral form, resistivity could be
expected to change somewhat in thin film dispersions.  No data was found for
resistivity of MoS2 thin films.

MoS2 in an oil carrier would be less conductive due to high dielectric
constant of most long-chain alkane lubricants.

73, Paul WN7T