Re: [Amps] X-TRA TUBE DAYS

To: <drkirkby@ntlworld.com>, <peter.chadwick@zarlink.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] X-TRA TUBE DAYS
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 06:24:35 -0700
It does not really seem fair that when we were children, with marvelous
eyes, all the printing was large.  Text in books were large.  Printing on
instructions were large.

But, as we progress into oblivion, print gets smaller.  Instructions, or
warnings with our medication is so small we need magnifying glasses or even
microscopes.  Ingredients in things we might buy for dinner are listed so
minutely that we need to take reading glasses and a magnifying glass to the
store and still spend 15 minutes trying to read a label.

To make matters worse, the displays on lcd panels are such that we cannot
read them in half the lighting conditions that prevail because of low
contrast.  The lighting on my lcd watch is such that I cannot read it at
night.

Our last bastion of order was working with our old radios.  Now, however,
reading glasses and a magnifying glass is required simply to read the
schematic.  Once we find the part on the schematic, though, we need further
magnification to find it on the board.  And, instructions are longer and
more complex.  Because of that, the print is smaller.

Sure glad I saved my 6V6 tubes.

Colin  K7FM

---