RE: [Amps] Power meter calibration

To: Martin Sole <msole@loxinfo.co.th>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [Amps] Power meter calibration
From: "Skram, Helge (MED)" <helge.skram@med.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:27:24 +0200
Ignoring diode non-linearity and other spurious imperfections, the output of
a directional coupler is a constant fraction of the forward voltage from the
transmitter. The scale of the meter shall be quadratic. Remember that power
is voltage squared divided by load resistance. This worked fine for my last
project, that was a pcb type directional coupler.

73 de LA6MV
Helge