Re: [Amps] Best place/type 3-500Z tube ?

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Best place/type 3-500Z tube ?
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 09:57:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John,
I bought a matched pair of 3-500ZGs from RF Parts (their brand -- I think
they're OEM'ed by
Taylor) almost a year ago and love them.  I run them at ~300W+ carrier on AM in
my TL-922 quite
regularly and they just plug along.  They're around $280 including shipping.

I also have a friend that runs them in a Henry 3k and they really punch out the

Joe,
N3JI,
Lewisville, TX