Re: Fw: [Amps] Conditioning Spare Tubes After Storage

To: nospam4me@juno.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Fw: [Amps] Conditioning Spare Tubes After Storage
From: Wt8r@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:15:46 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/03 8:52:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
nospam4me@juno.com writes:

> Hi Jeff,
> -
> I've received some broadcast transmitter tubes with
> recommended warm up times of 10 plus min, some
> as high as 30 minutes min.

       This "warm up" time is not for the purpose of degassing .............
it is only for the proper operation of the tube and usually prescribed by the
manufacturer.  Sort of like not starting your automobile which has been
sitting oustside in sub-zero weather and immediately running the engine at max
RPM
in race car mode instead of warming it up gently.

Dave, WT8R