Re: [Amps] About single 4CX250b output power

To: "GGLL" <nagato@arnet.com.ar>,"Amplificadores Lineales" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] About single 4CX250b output power
From: "Mike Tubby" <mike.tubby@thorcom.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:00:41 -0000
From: "GGLL" <nagato@arnet.com.ar>
To: "Amplificadores Lineales" <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2003 1:34 PM
Subject: [Amps] About single 4CX250b output power

>     Hello to the list, I want to know if is it possible to obtain 350
> watts output from 160 to 10 with a single 4CX250b tube, for linear
> amplifier service, and which working class? AB1, AB2?; 2000 Plate volts
> maximum is needed?.
>
> Best reagrds
> Guillermo - LU8EYW.

Page 65 of Eimac's "Care and feeding of power grid tubes" shows a
selection guide for SSB service for which the 4CX250B is listed as being
capable of 348W "useful power output" in AB1 with a 3rd order distortion
product of -25dB (doesn't say whether its relative to carrier power or one
tone of two tones).

I suspect that this is in "ideal conditions", new tube, perfect matching on
input and output, correct anode and screen voltage, etc. etc. YMMV.

Mike G8TIC