[Amps] Re: About single 4CX250b output power

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Re: About single 4CX250b output power
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 06:59:39 +0100
By the way, no need for sockets or chimneys. Just drill a hole
in the chassie and clamp the tube right to the chassie then
use one side of filament for the screen and bias common point,
design aka YU1AW and also some Collins amps did use it.

73 good luck / Jim SM2EKM

PS: I have a 3 x 4CX250B in class C for 144 MHz designed that
way and it works excelent, will put out 2300 W. However would
not run linear on SSB at that power level.

GGLL wrote:
Thanks so much for the answers; I read the RCA manual specs about this tube, but wanted to know about other's experiences (I have at hand two of them, no sockets nor chimneys).

Best regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.