Re: [BULK] - Re: [Amps] Getting Back In

To: k7fm@teleport.com
Subject: Re: [BULK] - Re: [Amps] Getting Back In
From: ka1xo@juno.com
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:51:04 GMT
Putting the ALPHA on its side on the luggage cart gets it into the elevator
with no problem.

Lifting it out of the trunk of the car without dropping it in
the parking lot is a challenge for one. I just hate having to
hoist out the DAHL every time I move around.

As far as the power situation, most long-term residence hotels
provide a stove, and a small modification to the junction box
underneath it provides a 240 volt dryer outlet.

The other guests get kind of "short" when their telephones, modems,
televisions, AM/FM radios and hair dryers all start making "Wonk, wonk" noises
because they can't demodulate LSB.

All serioussness aside, don't you fellas think a Henry 8K Ultra is a better
choice for hotel-room portable ops?

Hal