Re: [Amps] 4CX1600B

To: "R. Measures" <r@somis.org>, " AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX1600B
From: "KL7RA" <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:20:40 -0900
Rich Measures writes:
> - - -   Does the circuit in which the 4cx1600 is used have a grid
> terminating R?  If so, is there an inductor in series with said R?  If
> so, how much L?  tnx.

Hi Rich

It looks like Ray, QRO, added the resistor after 1995 as a mod. It
also has an inductor in series but the value is not marked in the drawing.
Why do you ask?

Point of interest about converting these amps to a pair of 4CX800's:

Very easy to do as the sockets are mounted on an easy to remove plate.
However, I have both flavors of Ray's amps and a pair of 800's are
NOT the same as one 1600. Not by a thousand watts.

Both the QRO 2500 (2x4CX800A) and 3K (4CX1600B) amps run
1500 watts out all day and are fine contest amps so the day I do
have to convert the 3K's to 2500's will not be too painful, just sad.

73 Rich KL7RA