[Amps] Henry 8K geneology

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Henry 8K geneology
From: "Cliff Bond" <WA4MWM@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 06:46:52 -0500
Greetings...

I am looking at several Henry 8K amps.  They are circa. 1995, 1998 and 2003.

What changes/modifications have been made to the 8K over these years? I
talked to the factory rep and he told me that there were SIGNIFICANT changes
a "couple" of years ago, but would not be specific on what they were.  I
know the '95 could have only 5 or 10 pre-sets -- now there are up to 24
available.

Any comments regarding this and/or the 8K in general would be most
appreciated.  I'm looking for my "final" amp that will handle RTTY and
contesting at a high duty-cycle and that will hold up well.

Thanks,

Cliff
NC4CB