Re: [Amps] 3CX800A vs 3CX800A7?

To: Bert van Holst <v.holst@hccnet.nl>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX800A vs 3CX800A7?
From: ROBERT MARSTON <rmarston@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:11:51 -0800 (PST)
Are we having the same conversation ? K2XX posed a question about the final
digit in the designation for the 3CX800A7. I explained its meaning and how it's
derived. Go back and reread Joe's question and my response. Did I say that
Pulse version tubes are not usable as RF Amplifiers ? Is there anything in my
response that implies such ?

Bob K1TA

Bert van Holst <v.holst@hccnet.nl> wrote:
Your wrong,

the cpx is a pulse rate version of the 3cx800a7 wich can handle more high
voltage for RF aplications in medical equipment MRI etc.
You can swap the 3cpx800 direct with the 3cx800.
I have an 3CPX1500 in my alpha 77Dx, were original the 3CX1500 is build in.

Bert PA1K