[Amps] AL-1200 Questions

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-1200 Questions
From: Dana Roode <K6NR@ARRL.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:36:30 -0800
Folks -

My AL-1200 repair efforts continue. As you may recall, the parasitic suppresser came unsoldered and I had some sort of oscillation in the grid that took out the grid resistors, a resister in the grid meter, and my 756ProII. It turns out it also took out my ARB-704 relay buffer, and last weekend the grid meter mechanism itself gave up the ghost.

Questions:
- After replacing the grid resistors, the resting plate current seems too low, maybe half of what it should be. Is there an adjustment for this? I'm not sure why it would have changed.
- I will order a new meter, should I put a diode across it to protect it in the future? What kind?

Dana