Re: [Amps] AL-1200 Questions

To: Dana Roode <K6NR@ARRL.net>, AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-1200 Questions
From: Ed Briggs <edbriggs@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:27:08 -0500
The bias is controlled by two zener diodes (controlled by the CW/SSB
switch).  Does toggling the switch make an appreciable difference in the
resting current?  Most likely, you have a damaged zener.

It doesn't sound like you had an oscillation; it sounds like you had an arc
from plate to grid, or maybe a power surge. I've found these will take out
the grid resistors, zener, meter etc.

Sorry you're having such lousy luck.

Ed N1TS