[Amps] high power clear channel transmissions 20 to 55 MHz

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] high power clear channel transmissions 20 to 55 MHz
From: Larry Kayser <kayser@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:08:18 -0500
Greetings All:

I am looking for a station I can use for some propagation research work. What I would like to find is a continuous duty, high power - say 5 KW and up, 25 to 50 MHz, preferably with an OMNI antenna either vertical or horizontal polarization and outside of north america. The quirk is I would like to find such a station that is for all practical purposes on a clear channel. This precludes using existing television and fm broadcast stations that are part of the ITU sanctioned world wide broadcasting bands.

If any of you know of any existing research stations or transmission system(s) that I could use as a signal source I would sure appreciate hearing about it.

An ideal source would have been the old WWV transmissions on 25 MHz, regretfully these were terminated some years ago.

Larry
VA3LK